“On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made.” 1 Cor 16 v 2 NIV
The church family and friends of Cambray contribute to the life and work of the church in many ways. The information given on this page relates to the financial aspects of giving. It is intended to inform you of the practical aspects of how to give at our church; not how much to give – that is between you and God, seeking guidance as appropriate. Regular financial updates are given at Members’ Meetings and in the Church magazine.
How can I give to Cambray?
Give regularly through the banking system
Here are three suggestions to do this:
- By setting up a standing order with your bank, either by clicking here to open up a printable standing order form or by using online banking.
- By setting up a standing order if you have a charity account with CAF, Stewardship or similar schemes.
- Through your employer’s payroll giving scheme (this only applies if your employer runs such a scheme – your Human Resources department can provide details on this)
Give regularly or one-off in other ways
- A collection is taken at all Sunday services. We encourage regular attendees to give in some way but, if you are a visitor, please do not feel obliged to give, in which case, just pass the offering bag along.
- If you would like to give or send us a cheque or a charity voucher, please make it payable to Cambray Baptist Church.
- A donation can be made through the Give.net website. Please click on the “Donate Now” button (below) to go directly to the giving page for Cambray Baptist Church on their website. Even if you are signed up to Gift Aid at Cambray, please would you select the Gift Aid options – thank you.
Tax efficient giving
If you pay UK tax (Income or Capital Gains Tax) and would like us to claim back the basic rate tax, you will need to complete, sign and return to us an ongoing Gift Aid Declaration if you have not done so already. The benefit to Cambray Baptist Church is that it can recover the basic rate of income tax, currently 25p for each £1 given. (If you pay higher rate tax, you may recover this through your own tax return.) Please click on the link to open up a printable gift aid declaration form.
On receipt of a completed gift aid form, we allocate you a gift aid number. This gives anonymity when placing gifts in the offering bags. Envelopes are available in the church entrance hall to which you can add your gift aid number. The number should also be used when giving in the other ways mentioned (except payroll giving, Charity Choice online or using a charity voucher).
All undesignated gifts are placed in our general fund for day-to-day expenditure.
The church supports people working, or receiving training, in different parts of the world serving the Lord in various ways. There are special offerings at Harvest and Christmas and, from time to time, on other occasions. Gifts can be allocated to these areas from whichever route is chosen for your donation provided your intention is made known.
If you have any questions on these or other practical aspects of giving, please contact the Treasurer on +44 (0)1242 584672 (phone number of the Church Office), email email@example.com or write to Treasurer, Cambray Baptist Church, Cambray Place, Cheltenham, GL50 1JS.
Thank you for your support.